20-05-2010

Agency Sites and Mobile Marketing

Some days I think to myself, “The kids don’t get it.”
Yesterday I tried to read a blog post from a mobile marketing agency on my iPhone. I read a lot of agency blogs. It’s a good way to get inside the minds of people who are shaping the future of online marketing, and provides me a lot of rant material. However, I was in a hurry and trying to read the post on my iPhone, but I had two wait a whole three minutes for the full website to load. You’d think, given the agency was talking about mobile advertising, they would have a mobile optimized version of their site.


No. You’d be wrong, you’d be very wrong.


I come across these sites three or four times A DAY. Agencies write about Foursquare and Gowalla, location based advertising, iPhone apps, yet they don’t have a blog optimized for mobile viewing. I’ve even come across a site that was entirely in flash. That one looked GREAT on my iPhone. It’s two-faced. It’s weak. You can do better.


Marketers, if you’re going to be bringing advertisements to my phone, prove to me you can do it right. Walk the walk. Make sure your site is optimized for mobile viewing. If I can do it, you can too! No excuses.

1 opmerking:

  1. Mobile marketing is an excellent way for you to connect to your intended audience in an effective manner every time. The main purpose of marketing is to attract more customers by generating greater interests for their products and services. Thanks a lot.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen