30-07-2010

IKEA 2010 Catalog launched on the iPhone


A couple of weeks ago I posted a video of a fake iPad with an IKEA application on it. Here is the real thing. IKEA UK has launched the 2010 catalogue on iPhone and iPad, which you can download from here. The mobile catalogue lets consumers browse through living rooms, check out different offers, search the catalogue and create bookmarks for products they would like to buy. I have not tried it myself but I really hopes that it comes with a shopping list feature. As I think I have mentioned before, I am really looking forward to when they port their kitchen creator app currently running on PC to the iPad. Thats going to be a killer application. Together with the launch of the 2010 catalogue IKEA launched a Guerilla campaign using 3d art in London. The idea was that a living room would pop up from a 3d art quilt, which then consumers could sit on, while their friends took a picture. Its moments like this I really appreciate finding videos that can illustrate it better than I can describe it. Have a look at below.

1 opmerking:

  1. Pretty good post. I just stumbled upon your blog and wanted to say that I have really enjoyed reading your blog posts. Any way I'll be subscribing to your feed and I hope you post again soon.

    Mobile Marketing Companies

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen