30-09-2009

Ping! (also) brings iPhone-to-iPhone Push Notification Messaging


Ping! is a new free (for a limited time) app that allows iPhone and iPod Touch users to communicate as thread-based instant messaging with push notification capability.
The app does not need to stay active in order to receive incoming text messages. Once download, user set up a name, invite other iPhone, iPod Touch friend owners via email from within the app telling your id.
The app works flawlessly during my test, I could exchange text messages with friends overseas at no extra cost. The UI is simple and intuitive, very similar to the built-in Messaging app; works in both portrait and landscape mode. Linking the Ping! ID to the contact in your Address Book will allow you to see their photo/picture. 
I wish the app would offer mms. (I know I am asking too much!) Ping is available in the Apple App store and is actually number one in the Dutch App Store!

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten